If you’re like many homeowners stuck at home during the past year, you’re probably planning to get some home renovation done, but can’t decide on which project to do. Here are signs that indicate you need to tackle bathroom remodeling first.
1. Your bathroom looks worn out or outdated – Maybe, you’re not the house’s first owner, or, perhaps, your tastes had changed since you last had given your bathroom a new look. In either case, your bathroom could be due for an update. Signs of wear – cracked tiles, yellowing porcelain and water stains on the bathroom fixtures – can all be fixed with a remodel.
2. Your bathroom needs a different floor plan – You’ve probably seen photos of awkwardly designed bathrooms, many of them done by DIYers. If you have one such bathroom, the good news is you’re not stuck with the same floor plan. In fact, even awkward plumbing placement can be addressed. You and your bathroom remodeling can work on a design that will make your new bathroom easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.
3. Your bathroom has plumbing problems – Leaky bathroom plumbing can affect not just the bathroom itself, but also the surrounding areas. Trapped moisture in the drywall and adjacent areas can damage insulation, framing and electrical lines as well as cause mold and mildew growth. Good plumbing is the foundation of a quality bathroom remodel, and a good remodeler will make sure your new bathroom has good plumbing before getting to work on other parts.
4. Your bathroom is poorly lit – Poor bathroom lighting can diminish the bathroom experience and may even be a danger when it’s too much or too little. A custom lighting plan can help address such issues as well as create a relaxing mood. Natural lighting can also be incorporated into the bathroom design.
5. Your bathroom needs more storage – If you always seem to run out of bathroom storage space, you might be surprised at how you can have the best of both worlds – maximizing storage and floor space – with a good remodeler.
Krier’s Construction is your leading provider of replacement windows installation and bathroom remodeling services. Give us a call at (920) 949-8517. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Appleton, Fond du Lac and Neenah, WI, as well as the surrounding communities.